Wednesday 26 September 2012

Auditions

To get the best actors and actresses for our soap opera trailer, we thought it would be best to hold auditions. We are going to mock up a script for people to read and see who is best to star in our trailer.


MOCK SCRIPT:
Alo: We are the children of the revolution!
Anwar: I'm praying to my God here, Cass.
Cassie: Oh... wow... is he listening?
Anwar: I hope not, otherwise he'll know about all those pills I necked last night.
Cassie: Think quietly.

Red: [narrating] I have no idea to this day what those two Italian ladies were singing about. Truth is, I don't want to know. Some things are best left unsaid. I'd like to think they were singing about something so beautiful, it can't be expressed in words, and makes your heart ache because of it. I tell you, those voices soared higher and farther than anybody in a gray place dares to dream. It was like some beautiful bird flapped into our drab little cage and made those walls dissolve away, and for the briefest of moments, every last man in Shawshank felt free.
Our mock script includes a line from our actual trailer, a conversation from a skins episode to see how well they act and react and a monologue from the film Shawshank Redemption. If we are happy with the way they have preformed we'll ask them then to be in the filming process, also if we particularly like anyone, we might get them to read our voice over if we chooose to have on over the top of our trailer.
Here are some of the auditions we filmed:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment